Friday, May 11, 2012

GET TO KNOW LEE DEKOVEN EDWARDS


Lee Dekoven Edwards Jr. was born in Edina, Minnesota on May 13, 1996. He has two sisters and two brothers. One of his brothers passed away at childbirth.

Edwards will graduate from Lakeville North in 2014. He is on the football and track team. He said that, “Football to me is not a sport, it’s my life! I live and breathe football. It’s all I think about and I am always looking for ways to better myself in the preseason and also get closer to a state championship.” 

I asked him what he did this past summer and he said, “This past summer I worked really hard on emphasizing my arm knee coordination and focused on running crisp routes in order to shake the defenders. Also I really worked on footwork and defensive drills, since I am dangerous on special team’s offense and defense I got to work on them all in order to be the best player I can be. Also I attended the University of Michigan Technique camp that helped manifest those skills.”

He also participates in Track & Field and Weight lifting and he is continually training. He explained a little bit about himself by adding, “Well if there is one thing you should know about me. I am a fighter; I have been hit with a lot of roadblocks in my life. Injury, Family, Racism, or Bias treatment (not in my favor.) But I always come out on top and whatever it is I preserver and I just do the best I can. I Love Michigan it’s my dream school and I would love to attend such a wonderful institution when I graduate from high school. I put a lot of my time in the gym in order to reach that goal and also I put it in the books. If there was one phrase I had to take from my father it would be “Million dollar legs Five cent head” it’s not going to get you where you need to be.”

No comments: