Friday, January 1, 2010

GET TO KNOW CARLOS ANTONIO EMORY

I have a friend by the name of Carlos Emory. I wanted to let him tell you a little bit about himself and his goals and what basketball means to him. Here is what he told me about himself.

My name is Carlos Antonio Emory. I was Born October 11th, 1991 and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I went to many different high schools throughout my life. These schools were Edison, Eastview, John F. Kennedy, and as senior at Jefferson. I started taking basketball seriously when I was a freshman at Edison high school. The AAU teams I played for were 43 Hoops with T.C. and Magic Elite and Minnesota Pump n Run with Jerry Robertson. I started really getting noticed after playing AAU ball with MN Pump n Run. We ended our season off really well. Carlos Emory is African American and Puerto Rican.

Right now I go to school at Howard College down in West Texas. My grades are the best thing that has happened to me since I’ve been down here. Basketball would have to be the second best thing that has happened since I’ve been here. I average about 15 points a game along with 8 to 9 rebounds. Our team is in the best conference in America with a record of 11-1 right now as of December 31st 2009. In my free time you will usually find me in the gym or watching basketball videos. I have constantly been in the gym trying to get better every day! A couple years from now, I want to find myself in the NBA draft with my family there and my name being called out loud to an NBA team. I have to keep up the hard work for that to possibly happen though. Kevin Drant is my Favorite basketball player.


Some other things people don’t know about me is that I played on the varsity football team in my freshman year at Edison! I was a multi-sport athlete. I played baseball at a boys and girls club named Southside Village. My dad Akua Kennedy always had my brothers and sisters and I involved in sports. My mother was a very smart woman and was also an athlete. But she had us at a very young age so that threw her sports life away and she concentrated more on her school which she was very successful in. My mom is not as active as she used to be, but she will do everything in her right mind to be there for us.

1 comment:

Chad Bednarek said...

Keep up the Grades Carlos and I hope you make it it to the NBA. I have been checking to see how well you have been playing down there.


Chad