Tuesday, September 22, 2015

TYLER RICHARDSON LOOKING TO GET BACK ONTO THE FIELD

Tyler Richardson was born at North Memorial Hospital on May 26, 1992. He has one sister and grew up in North Minneapolis.

I was able to conduct an email interview with Richardson.

Richardson went to Robbinsdale Cooper High School and graduated in 2010. He played football and basketball.

He said that, “Basketball is a place of peace where I can go to clear my head and just do what I love to do. Hoop.”

Richardson noted that he, “Played football for my high school I played basketball up to high school but didn't make the team freshman and sophomore year so opted to trying out for football my last two years of high school. I don't love it as near as much as I do hooping.”

After high school he attended Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa where he played football.

Richardson said, “I would love to receive the opportunity to play at a juco or D3 college to build up some film and eventually go try out for an overseas or Canadian league after I receive my degree. I would like to play football somewhere soon.”

Richardson to describe himself as, “I am “6'1 145lbs I played baseball and basketball from 2 years of age through 8th grade. My 13U season I threw out my rotator cuff from pitching incorrectly over the years and being young and stubborn I didn't do my exercises to better my shoulder so when high school rolled around I played my freshman and sophomore year but at first base. I didn't like it nearly as much as pitching and lost the love to play. Also during my freshman and sophomore year I didn't make the basketball squad which killed my spirits. I'm a natural born athlete and know I can excel in any sport I put my mind to so I played football my junior and senior year, receiving a scholarship from Dordt College my senior year of high school and very last minute, I participated in Dordt College athletics my freshman year of college. Our 3rd week of the season I fractured my fibula during practice and was out for the season. One random thing about myself is I have a disease in my left eye that doesn't let it function normally.”

No comments: