Monday, July 9, 2012

GET TO KNOW EMECHE KINGSLEY OBIAZOR WELLS


Emeche Kingsley Obiazor Wells was born on October 19, 1993 in St Paul Minnesota. 

Wells loves to play the game of basketball. He is currently 6'3' ½ inches tall. Wells started playing basketball in the third grade. 

He played basketball, football and track at Roseville Area High School where he graduated in 2012. Wells will take his basketball skills to Vermillion Community College in Ely, Minnesota. 

In his free time Wells likes to workout in the gym and play video games. He comes from a big family where he has 5 brothers and 4 sisters. 

When asked how people would he describe himself he said that, “I am a leader, a funny guy, great athlete and overall a good friend.” 

I was able to ask him what he gets out of basketball. Wells said, “Well I would say playing basketball helps me become a better leader and a better basketball player because every day I learn something new and see things on the court that I can’t do. When that happens it makes me want to learn my weaknesses and become a better basketball player. If my teammates see me working out and trying to get better they usually want to join in and workout which helps the team out for a great season.”

An athlete can learn a lot of life lessons off and on the court. When asked about life lessons have you learned off the court from playing basketball Wells said, “Play every game, every workout, and every practice like it’s your last and never take a day off. There’s always someone out there that will try to out work you and take your spot or be a better player than you.”

No comments: