Sunday, December 21, 2008

HOLIDAY TIMES BRING FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BASKETBALL TOGETHER

As I sit at home on this cold Sunday afternoon in late December, I have to think back to the season of giving. As I am continuing my shopping I think about the week ahead and how to process all of the tournaments and other stuff that is going on. Just as the holidays bring people together, basketball brings people together. We appreciate the student athlete or the professional athlete for their skills and game day abilities, but we also have to appreciate their sacrifice’s, when they are away from their family and friends at this special time of year.

As I am writing this, I have no clue what the week has in store. I don’t know how Mother Nature is going to cooperate with all the travels we will be making over the holidays. I know that I will be out at holiday tournaments in the next two weeks trying to find the next prep athlete, or the next big team in action. I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays and please keep me posted if there is a kid or team that is really lighting it up that you think I should know about.

No comments: