Sunday, May 22, 2011

BOYS' BASKETBALL PLAYER TYUS ROBERT JONES IS READY FOR THE NATIONAL STAGE

Apple Valley boys' basketball player Tyus Robert Jones is getting ready for the national stage. Jones is going to be trying out for the USA Developmental Team in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Jones is considered to be one of the top high school basketball players in Minnesota. He will gradate in 2014.

I have seen Jones play. I think his game is good. He can slip by his defenders while dribbling circles around them. On the defensive end he can lock down his opponents.

His play on the court as already grabbed the attention of college coaches all over the country. He also is getting attention whenever he plays. Fans seem to swarm the court to watch him play.

Off the court Jones is a funny person. He loves to crack jokes and likes to talk about life on and off the court. You can find him listening to hip hop music between games and just relaxing and focusing on the next opponent.

I remember one of the first times I met Jones. I went and watched one of his games when he was in 8th grade. Everyone was telling me “you have to go down and see this Jones kid from Apple Valley. He's really good.” So one night during his 8th grade season I took a trip out to Apple Valley High School and boy oh boy I was not disappointed. Before the game I introduced myself and we had like a five minute conversation. I gave him one of my business cards and then it seemed like we hit it off.

I think that Jones will continue to get better and better as long he continues to play. Jones is a smart kid on and off the court.

No comments: