Tuesday, March 9, 2010

JOHN MILLEA LEAVES THE MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE

I was surprised to read in the March 9, 2010 edition of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that my good friend John Millea has decided to leave the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Millea has been with the newspaper for 19 years. He mostly covered high school sports for the paper. He has decided to take a job with the Minnesota State High School League.

I met John when I was in high school. We have become friends and have known each other for years. He would be out covering games and we would have conversations about the games that he was covering. I always remember looking for him at some of the bigger contests that I was at.

His contributions to the Minneapolis Star Tribune will be missed by not only me but by other readers.
Good luck John with your new endeavors
.

No comments: