Sunday, December 20, 2015


On Dec. 14 St. Cloud Tech and Rogers squared off in a boys' basketball game. The game started out with a technical foul on Rogers.
Tech started the game in a zone defense. They wanted to control the tempo of the game. Rogers wasn’t having it.
Rogers looked to get the ball into the hands of Allen Wilson and Steffan Musoke. Both of them looked to take mid-range jump shots and layups. Rogers guard Will Alexander also started out hot as he came up with huge layups.
Wilson was able to step back behind the 3-point line and come up with 3-point baskets. His teammates did a good job of getting him the ball in spots where he could shoot it.
St. Cloud Tech called a timeout with 13:34 left in the first half. The score was Rogers 13, St. Cloud Tech 4.
Rogers looked to score baskets in transition. Alexander stepped up and got charges. He wasn’t afraid of contact.
St. Cloud Tech pushed the ball down the floor. They got everyone involved in the offense.
St. Cloud Tech switched between man-to-man and zone defense in the first half. They wanted to confuse the Rogers offense.
St. Cloud Tech struggled to shoot the ball midway through the first half. They were not able to hit shots that they put up.
After a slow start but St. Cloud Tech they get their offense going.
At halftime the score was Rogers 26, St. Cloud Tech 22.
As the second half got underway St. Cloud Tech coach Mike Trewick didn’t like what he saw on the court and called a timeout with 17:24 left in regulation. The score was Rogers 28, St. Cloud Tech 22.
St. Cloud Tech kept attacking the basket and coming up with layups. St. Cloud Tech’s Trevor Koenig came up with huge baskets in the second half.  
Rogers called a timeout with 14:05 left in regulation. The score was tied at 31.
Rogers went to a zone defense after the timeout. That made St. Cloud Tech take a lot of time off the clock as they passed the ball around the 3-point line.
Rogers looked to slow the tempo of the game down in the second half. They brought the ball out and passed the ball around the 3-point line trying to kill clock.
Koenig came up with mid-range jump shots and layups in the second half.
Rogers came away with the 52-43 victory over St. Cloud Tech.
The leading scorer for Rogers was Alexander with 17 points.
The leading scorers for St. Cloud Tech were Mussman with 12 and Spann-Ford with 11 points.

No comments: