Friday, November 1, 2013


North St. Paul and Eastview went up against each other in the class AA state boys’ soccer championship game.
Both teams did a good job of getting the ball up and down the field.
North St. Paul’s Tyler Oliver was all over the field. He was good with the ball and was able to get the ball down the field. Oliver also made some good passes to his teammates.
Both teams were very physical in the first half. It was a tight first half. These teams really came in and played with a lot of intensity.
Both teams went after the ball. Neither team gave up any loose balls.
North St. Paul’s Justin Oliver scored a goal on a penalty kick with 10:21 left in the first half. With that goal that made the score North St. Paul 1, Eastview 0.
Both teams never gave up in the first half. They played hard and clean throughout the first half.
Eastview’s Sam Fluegge found the back of the net with 2:27 left in the first half with the assist going to Andrew Tuthill.
With that goal that tied the score at 1. That was the score at halftime.
As the second half got underway both teams continued to looked to get the ball in the middle of the field.
North St. Paul was able to get some clean shots on goal. Eastview’s goalkeeper Kyle Lamott came up with some good saves.
North St. Paul found the goal again on a goal on a header by John Anderson with 32:57 left in the
second half.
With that goal that made the score North St. Paul 2, Eastview 1.
Both of these teams put everything they had on the line. Neither team gave up on either end of the field.
Eastview scored again on a goal by Jack Teske with the assist going to Jacob Wilson with 22:37 left to go in the contest.
Justin Oliver found the goal with 13:11 left to go in the second half. The assist going to his brother Tyler Oliver.
That made the score North St. Paul 3, Eastview 2.
With 3:15 left in regulation Eastview’s Brett Ladoux scored a goal to tie the game up at 3.
The score was tied at 3 at the end of regulation.
In the first overtime period. Both teams continued to get the ball down the field.
There was no score at the end of the first overtime so the teams switched ends and another 10 minutes was put on the clock.
In the second overtime period the move of the same as each team looked to set up their teammates and looked to get the best possible shots on goal.
The game was tied after the two overtime periods. The game went to the penalty kicks.
Adolfo Barrera-Gonzalez won the game for North St. Paul. Polaris in shootout 5-4.
After the game I was able to talk Tyler Oliver about the championship game.
With that win North St. Paul won the MSHSL Championship for boys’ soccer in Class AA.

No comments: