Thursday, March 10, 2011


It was the quarterfinal boys' basketball contest between the #7 seeded Minneapolis Southwest Lakers
against the #2 seeded Wayzata Trojans. Southwest came into the game with a record of 8-18. Wayzata
came into the game with a record of 19-7.
Wayzata started of the game in a man-to-man defense. They wanted to put as much half-court pressure
on Southwest as they could.
Wayzata started out the game hot as they were able to sink baskets early.
Southwest called a timeout with 15:36 left in the first half. The score was Wayzata 9 and Southwest 2.
Wayzata looked to push the ball in transition whenever they could. They did a good job of scoring in
Southwest's Aaron Bell-Bay took the basketball hard to the basket. He was not afraid to draw contact.
Bell-Bay also as able to find Rodney Pierce-Taylor on the low block. Price-Taylor.
Wayzata continued to hit their shots.

Southwest took a timeout with 9:14 left in the first half. The score was Wayzata 20 and Southwest 9.
Southwest went on a run with 7:00 left in the first.

Wayzata’s Aaron Roth was on fire throughout the first half. He was able to hit his shots wherever he
was on the court. His teammates did a good job of getting him the ball in different parts of the court.
Wayzata called a timeout with 4:52. The score was Wayzata 33 and Southwest 20.
Wayzata did a good job of trapping the ball. They were able to turn Southwest over. Wayzata also was
able to convert the turnovers to points.
St. Anthony was able to slow down the Wayzata players that he was guarding.
At halftime the score was Wayzata 41 and Minneapolis Southwest 26.
Julius Williams for Southwest took the ball hard to the basket to start the second half. He looked to get
the Southwest offense going.
Wayzata took a timeout with 14:58 left in regulation. The score was Wayzata 47 and Southwest 35.
Wayzayta continued to pound the ball inside. They were successful at getting the ball into their big
Both teams did a good job of playing aggressively throughout the second half. Neither team gave up.
Wayzata continued to roll late in the half.
Both teams dove on the after loose balls.
Southwest called a timeout with 7:09 left in regulation with the score Wayzata 68 and Southwest 45.
Southwest used both man-to-man and zone defense throughout the second half. Wayzata did a good job
of figuring out what Southwest was going to do.
Southwest played hard throughout the game but Wayzata was too much for them to handle.
Wayzata came away with the 84-51 victory over Minneapolis Southwest.
With that loss the season is over for Minneapolis Southwest.

No comments: