Saturday, January 14, 2012

GET TO KNOW WALLACE JAMES ELLENSON

Wallace James Ellenson was born on May 4, 1994 in Ashland, Wisconsin. He has three siblings.

Ellenson has played sports his whole life, including basketball and track. He grew up in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. Ellenson explained his thoughts about basketball, “It means a lot. I love the game and I'm lucky my family does too. It takes up a majority of my life and gives me opportunities to see the world and make an impact through my play. Playing the game itself is when I feel at my best, not worrying about all the other tangibles outside the court.”

He has signed to play basketball at the University of Minnesota. This upcoming summer he plans on taking summer school courses at the University of Minnesota.

He said, “I love playing basketball, working out and playing everyday. In my free time I enjoy fishing, and some more basketball!”

I got to see Ellenson play at the 2012 Minnesota Timberwolves shootout. I like his game and think that he will have a good impact on the Gophers program.

No comments: