Sunday, May 25, 2008

MIKE MACDONALD SITS DOWN AND ANSWERS QUESTIONS ABOUT RECENT KNEE SERGERY

Mike MacDonald is going to college at St. Scholastica in Duluth Minnesota. He is also on the University’s basketball team. I had the chance to ask Mike Mac Donald a couple of questions about his knee surgery that he recently had.

Steven: Hello Mike, how are you doing? I am hearing that you just had another round of knee surgery?
What did you have done this time and how many knee surgeries have you had?

Mike is in the blue.

Mike: Yes, I have had both knees operated on now. The doctor told me that the MRI's of my knees were like mirror images. My knees have been giving me trouble since my freshmen year of college, so it's good to finally get them taken care of. I have one year left to play at CSS, so I'm excited to have a good pain-free year. The surgery was to heal patellar-tendonitis. It was called patellar tendon debrisment. I guess something happened that caused a large quantity of scar tissue to form right behind my patellar tendon.

Steven: How long are you expected to be out?

Mike: Each surgery put me on crutches for two weeks, and after six weeks of slow rehab I was Okayed to begin strengthening again.

Steven: How has rehab been going?

Mike: Rehab is a slow and steady process. It was kind of hard when my first knee was all healed, and then I had the other one done and it was back to square one again.

Steven: How is this injury different from the other ones that you have had?

Mike: This injury is different in that it never went away. I've sprained ankles, had stress fractures, ECT, but they've all healed. My knees always stayed bad, finally causing me to see a surgeon.

I just wanted to say thanks again for taking time to respond the questions and hope the best in the recovery.

No comments: