Sunday, May 6, 2012

TRENT LOCKETT TO TRANSFER FROM ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY TO MARQUETTE


Former Hopkins High School boys' basketball player 6 foot 5 inch guard Trent Lockett has decided to transfer from Arizona State to Marquette University for his senior season.

According to the Minnesota Daily Dispatch the reason Lockett said about transferring was, “The reason I am transferring is to be closer to my mom, but at the same time I needed to make a good basketball decision, and Marquette provides a great fit for me to finish my collegiate basketball career.”

According to his twitter post Lockett said, “I've been a Sun Devil since 16. I love and appreciate the people and experience at ASU. Saying that, I am excited to finish my last yr. at MU!”

During his three seasons Lockett averaged 4.7 rebounds and 10.8 points per game during his time at Arizona State.

There was a lot of speculation that Lockett would end up at the University of Minnesota. He played his high school ball at Hopkins High School. 

No comments: