Sunday, January 4, 2009

AARON ERNEST ANDERSON ON THE BASKETBALL SEASON

I was able to do an email interview with Osseo high school basketball player Aaron Ernest Anderson. I wanted to give you a chance to see what’s going through the mind of basketball player when they have to compete at the high school level.

Hello how are you doing today? As you know I have my own sports web site, Steven’s Sports Report. Will you take a couple of minutes out of your day to let people know a little bit about yourself and how you became so involved in basketball?

Aaron’s birthday is October 23rd 1991. He started playing basketball when he was he was very young. When he was in the sixth grade he attended a five star basketball camp and he has also been to numerous other camps since. He also plays for Howard Pulley Basketball in the summer.

Aaron has started receiving interest from different college coaches. Some of the colleges that are interested in him are Bucknell, Lehigh, and University of Portland. He has not taken his ACT yet but plans on taking it in the near future.

His Osseo team has gotten off to a great start. He said “This basketball season has been fun and at this point we are 6-1. We lost our season opener to a very tough Henry Sibley. But since then we have been on a six game winning streak. We took home the Granite City Classic Championship in St. Cloud. My teammate Sam Dower and I were named to the all-tournament team. We also just defeated Sioux Roosevelt in the Gatorade Shootout at the Target Center on Saturday, so it’s been a pretty fun season so far.”

He said his team is “very hard-working and we love to go out and get better every day. We also like to play defense and shut our opponent down.” He really enjoys his teammates. “All my teammates are funny and they all like to tell jokes when were on the bus or in the locker room.” When asked who he thought the team clown was, he said, “I would say we have two, Jerrod Bervon and D.J. Phillips.”

Different players come into different games with different mind sets. When I asked Aaron how he gets up for each game he responded, “First I take a hot shower, then I make sure I eat something two hours before the game, then I listen to my music until the game starts.” His favorite music is Hip-Hop and R &B and his favorite artist is Lil Wayne.

When he has free time he said he is always practicing on his game, but if he’s not playing basketball I like to relax, hang with friends, or lift weights.”

As you can see Aaron Ernest Anderson is committed to his teammates and his school work. He wants to be the best player he knows he can be.

No comments: