Monday, April 12, 2010

GET TO KNOW MARCUS CHRISTIAN ALIPATE

Get to know Marcus Christian Alipate. He was born in Brooklyn Coney Island New York. He is of Tongan-American.

His dad played for the Oakland Raiders. His family lived in Union City, California for awhile. He said that he is “just enjoying the nice weather. It feels like I am back in California.”

He goes to Bloomington Jefferson High School. He will graduate from Jefferson in 2011.

I asked him if he has played with any of his relatives.”Yes, I played with my brother Moses, who now plays for the Minnesota Gophers as QB, and now people should watch out for my younger brother Mikias Alipate. 

He’s a beast on the football and basketball court and is already getting college looks as a freshman. He says playing with his brother, “was fun, I mean my brothers are my best friends. It’s always nice to play with someone you have been with your whole life. I think we have a chemistry that not a lot of people have.”

In his free time he said that, “usually I like to write and record songs. Also, I like to volunteer around the community with “Hope for the City”. I also read on a monthly basis to elementary schools and talk about being a good role model.”

Marcus and I have been friends for a while. He said, “It’s fun knowing someone you can talk to that’s a friend and not just a reporter.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAST!!!

Anonymous said...

dude the alipate's are all beaste & i will be there number one fan. i've known all of them & i dont think of them in like "that way" but they are super cool n marcus got swagg! haha

Dave Buccannon said...

I am second to that. Keep up the good work. Your a good role model for kids Marcus

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Marcus you are soo hot!