Wednesday, May 29, 2013

GET TO KNOW JERRY SHAQUILLE BUTLER JR.

Jerry Shaquille Butler Jr. was born on Sept. 22, 1994 in Chicago, Illinois. Butler is an African American male who has been involved in sports since he was five years old.


He has four sisters, all of whom he loves dearly.


Butler has played both football and basketball while growing up.  At Hill-Murray high school  -- where he will graduate in 2013 -- he played on both the football and basketball teams. He played basketball for all four years in high school.


He plans on attending Anoka Ramsey Community and Technical College. He also plans on playing basketball while taking his generals and studying law.
 
One of his best high school memories was playing with his teammates from Hill-Murray high school.


In his free time Butler likes to listen to music, usually some Rhythm and Blues or Hip-Hop. He also likes to listen to country singer Hunter Easton Hayes.


You will also find him in a gym working on his game. He believes that the only way to get better is to work harder then anyone else, so frequently Butler is in the gym working on all of the aspects of his game.


I asked him, “What is the best part of playing basketball and why?” Butler responded by saying, “It was the only thing there for me when no one else was, and it helps me get away from all the stress going on in life.”


I also was able to ask him to describe his game, he said, “I'm not a selfish player. I look to get other guys going first, cause I feel like I can get myself involved anytime, I’d say I'm a floor general.”


If there is one thing you said know about Butler he said, “I never take a day off. If you want success you really have to take it nothing in life is handed to you on a silver platter.”


I have seen and met Butler many times he is a good ball player who has a nice head on his shoulders and has a bright basketball future in front of him.
 

No comments: