Thursday, May 23, 2013

JAYSON ANDERSON EDWARDS BASKETBALL AND LIFE

Jayson Anderson Edwards is a student athlete who attends Benilde St.Margaret's High School  in St. Louis Park where he will graduate in 2015.

This summer Edwards is playing for Get Shook Elite. I was able to do a Q&A with Edwards over the internet.

Do you have a top 5-10 list of schools you like?

Jayson: Kansas, Missouri, Northern Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

How strong are your academics? Can you share with us your GPA?

Jayson: Coming to a college prep school my sophomore year is helping me out a lot for my future. My GPA is 3.0

Describe your game for coaches and fans that have not seen you up close?

Jayson: I like to push the tempo. If we don’t have anything, I bring it out. I am a shifty player and I know how to look for my teammates. I believe I am a great floor general.

Do you have any siblings?


Jayson: I have a older sister named Bryana. She was a very fast track runner in her high school days. She is now a personal trainer at Lifetime Fitness.

How is your season going? Can you share with us your averages?


Jayson: It’s been a rough season but we continue to work and get better each day. Right now I’m averaging 16 points per game and 5 assists.

What schools have offered you?


Jayson: No one has offered, but some have expressed interest.

What schools have shown strong interest?

Jayson: Northern Iowa & Nebraska

What schools have you visited? Do you have any visits planned in the near future?

Jayson: I have plans that I will visit in the summer.

Do you care about the location of your school?

Jayson: No

What part of your game do you feel you need to improve on the most?

Jayson: My mental part of the game

Who are some of the mentors that got you to where you are at right now?

Jayson: My mom

What are your strengths on the floor?

Jayson:
 I am a true floor general and I know how to create. I love pushing the tempo on defense and making my defender uncomfortable.

How hard do you work on your game? How much time do you put in? When did you first pick up a ball?


Jayson: I work on my game as much as I can. I put in a lot of hard hours. I wake up at 5:00am to start out the day.

What are your short term goals as a basketball player? What are some of the long term goals as a player?

Jayson: My short term goals are to win state for my high school of Benilde. Long term goals is to play college ball.

Give me the most memorable moment of your basketball career?

Jayson: My first dunk.

Do you have a facebook or a twitter that you would like to share with us?


Jayson: Yes, Jayson Edwards on Facebook and JaysonEdwards_1 on Twitter

Are you Nike or Adidas, what’s your favorite?


Jayson: I love Adidas but I would say Nike right now.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great Interview and Great Kid! Jayson is a hard worker who always turns heads on the court.