Wednesday, July 31, 2013

GET TO KNOW AMAR MILLER

Amar Miller is an African American and Native American basketball player who was born in Minneapolis, Minn. on Octo. 11, 1998. He has three brothers and one sister.

 
Miller is a sophomore, and will graduate in 2016. He will be attending Minnetonka High School after transferring from Metro Tech high in Minneapolis.

 
Miller has played football in the past but he thinks that he will just focus on basketball.

 
Most of his family is from Iowa but he grew up in Minneapolis. He travels back and forth from Minnesota to Iowa regularly.

 
I asked what basketball meant to him and he said,“Basketball means a lot to me. It takes up most of my day, week, year and life. There is barely a social life for me because of how much basketball means to me. Basketball is going to get me to where I wanna go in life.”
 

Miller said of his summer that he“ plans on going to elite camps and getting a little bit more exposure.”

 
“I started getting in to basketball at a very young age,” Miller said. “I started playing AAU for the Minneapolis Hustlers. Every AAU summer I choose to play for multiple teams because more games equals more exposure. That's how I see it. My dad started a team for me in sixth grade called Minneapolis Reign. We started off as a very small organization but over the years we got bigger and bigger. The team was basically my best friends for a long time.”

 
I was able to ask him about what he likes to do in his free time and Miller said, “I don't really have free time but for the time i do have I hang out with my friends. Just like any other teenager would, I want to have fun. So I attend carnivals, go to the movies and things like that. “

 
I have seen Miller play several times. He is a good person on and off the floor.
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a killer ball player. He is no. 2 in the 2016 class!

Anonymous said...

He's a killer. D1 forsure. He is the #1 point guard in the state for 2016 and overall no. 2 in the class. If he grows any between 5'10/5'11 he will be unbelievable to watch. His vision on the court is ridiculous