Friday, July 17, 2009

SWISH TOUR COMMING TO MINNESOTA

Subject: Swish Tour in Minnesota Aug. 1-3: Shooting Clinics at Powell Center


Dear Minnesota coaches,

Please let me introduce myself to you. My name is Tom Nordland and I’m a shooting coach of some renown (thanks to the amazing Internet). I was honored two years ago at the Minnesota State Tournament (boys) on the 50th anniversary of my team’s (Minneapolis Roosevelt) state championship and a free throw record that still stood (19 of 20 in one game). The record was tied at that tournament by Cody Schilling from Ellsworth. A wonderful article was written by the State High School League (by Ellen Giloy), and here’s a link to it: http://www.swish22.com/assets/Tom_MNArticle.pdf


THE WEBSITE HAS THE STORY

My website (http://www.swish22.com/) gives the whole story, including other articles, top endorsements, video clips, photos, newsletters, and many of the remarkable testimonials I’ve received over the years. My website is the most content-rich website in the world on the subject of basketball shooting. I’ve been writing on the subject for 12 years.


COACHES TRAINING AT THE POWELL CENTER

I will be coming to Minnesota August 1-3 for clinics at the remarkable Colin Powell Leadership Center in south Minneapolis. Besides of interest, possibly, for you to send kids to the players’ sessions, there will be a special “Coaches’ Clinic” Sunday evening, 6-9PM. I will teach attendees at that session both a powerful and simple way to shoot and how to coach the skill. The prices are reduced due to the economy and include both of my highly-rated videos, Swish and Swish 2, a $45 value right there.


FOUR DIFFERENT FORMATS FOR KIDS & COACHES

• 4-HR CLINIC: Saturday, Aug. 1st, 12Noon - 4PM, a 4-hour Clinic
• 7-HR CAMP: Sunday & Monday, Aug. 2nd $ 3rd, 1-4:30PM both days
• 3-HR FREE THROW CLINIC: Monday, Aug. 3rd, 9AM-12Noon
• 3-HR COACHES’ CLINIC: Sunday, Aug. 2nd, 6-9PM


GENERAL FEES

• 4-HR CLINIC: $55
• 7-HR CAMP: $79
• 3-HR FREE THROW CLINIC: $45
• 3-HR COACHES’ CLINIC: $45


... with discounts for siblings and people repeating my sessions

FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO ENROLL – Go to this webpage: http://www.swish22.com/clinics, then scroll down to the “Swish Shooting Tour” and find “Clinics in Minneapolis.” Here’s a direct link to the Minnesota 2009 Clinics page: http://www.swish22.com/assets/Clinics_Minnesota_0809.html


Location:

Colin Powell Leadership Center
2924 4th Ave. So.
Minneapolis, MN 55408


Contact Coach Kelby Brothen, Athletic Director at the Powell Center, for info about these Clinics and Camp:

Work #: 612/638-1014

Cell: 612/720-8852

Email: urbanstars@urbanventures.org

You can also contact me at:
Home in California: 888/794-7422
Cell phone: 831/247-4519


I HOPE TO SEE YOU!

My clinics are getting more and more exciting and effective as I see additional things all the time and new ways to say and coach them. I can see that the main thing I’m doing (and teaching others to do) is coaching kids to be able to coach themselves in these simple principles. As they learn to shoot a basketball -- and, more powerful for them, how to learn anything -- their self images can alter and self esteem rise. This is one of the great things about sports, the potential for growth as human beings. Let’s work together to help more kids experience how awesome they truly are!


Cheers,

Tom

Boulder Creek, Calif.

No comments: