Monday, June 8, 2009

ROMAIN MARTIN TALKS ABOUT BASKETBALL

I was able to do an email interview with Romain Martin who is one of my friends who is currently playing basketball in college.

Hello Romain how are you doing?

I'm doing good Steve.

Where are you currently at right now?

I'm currently in Minneapolis.

What are you plans for this summer?

I'll be going back to school at Eastern Illinois for about a month and some weeks to take some summer classes and to workout.

What is your major?

Sports Management

What is you full name first middle and last ?

Romain Jontel Martin

What was last year like as far as playing?

Last year was very interesting. My sophomore year I got injured in the middle of the season so this past year it was really fun to be back playing. I learned a lot as a player also. I think last year I really grew as an overall player. My team made the conference tournament; this was the first time we did this since I've been there so that was real exciting and to go along with that accomplishment; I was named to the all-conference team.

What is your conference like in college?

It's really competitive. Every team wants to go to the NCAA tournament but in our conference only one team can go.

What is it like playing in college?

It's fun. You have to be tough mentally and physically everyday in order for you to grow as a player.

What was your role on your team last year?

I was looked upon as a leader. We had eight new players so coach wanted me to help the other players along the way. I was also known as a scorer on the team.

Where did you grow up playing ball?

I grew up playing ball on the north side Minneapolis.What dose basketball mean to you?

Everything. Playing college basketball has always been a dream to me and now I have to keep working hard to reach my ultimate goal which is playing pro ball.

Where do you see your self doing or playing in 5 years?

I see myself playing pro basketball somewhere.

Is there any thing else you think people should know about yourself?

I'm a real laid back and humble person, but if you know me then you already know that; so I want people to know that my favorite food is pancakes. So if you can cook some good pancakes, come holla at me. Thanks buddy and ill let you know when it is up.


I have watched and seen Romain play of many different levels, he is truly a good person and a fabulous basketball player.

No comments: