Saturday, June 13, 2009

WALTER LOUIS FRANKLIN TALKS ABOUT SPORTS

I was able to do an email interview with Walter Louis Franklin who goes to Minneapolis De LaSalle.

Hello Walter how are you doing?


I’m doing well, you?


What is the correct spelling of your full name first middle and last name?

My full name is Walter Louis Franklin III.


Where did you grow up?

I grew up on the Southside of Minneapolis, for most of my life and I’ve recently moved to Eagan.


What sports are you involved in?

For De LaSalle, I play football and basketball. I’ve been thinking about participating in track for my senior year.


What was the basketball season like last year?

Last year, as a team, it was a learning curb. We had our ups and downs. It was an ‘okay’ season. We were not satisfied though.


What is Dave Thorson like as a coach?

Thor is one of a kind.


How intense can he get on the side lines?

Very! [Laughs]


What are your future goals with sports?

As far as high school, my goal is to get state championship rings in football and basketball.


What sport would you want to play in college?

In college, I want to try to play both, basketball and football. At this point, I don’t have one that I like more than the other.


How tall are you and how much you weigh right now?

I’m not sure, but I’ll say about 5’9 and 160.


What are you doing this summer?

This summer I am playing AAU with Magic, working on my game and getting to the weight room.


Do you have any brothers and sisters?

Yes. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. Their names are Shenise, Terrance, Classie and Carissa.


What city do you live in?

I live in Eagan, for now.


Where did you go to school before you went to De LaSalle?

Before De, I went to Inter District Downtown School (IDDS).


Why did you choose De LaSalle for High School?

I chose to attend De LaSalle because I thought that was the best place for me to further my education.


What is the best gym to play in and why?

The best gym to play in is the main gym in De LaSalle High School. The reason being is because its home.

Are you playing any AAU Basketball this summer and if so where are you playing?

Yes. I play for the Magic 17s team.


Is there any information that you want fans to know about your self?

Not really, just be on the lookout for the Islanders!

No comments: