Tuesday, November 12, 2013

REID TRAVIS IS HEADED TO STANFORD UNIVEVRSITY

Reid Travis from Minneapolis DeLaSalle will be attending Stanford University.
 
Travis held a press conference at DeLaSalle High School on Nov. 8. Travis is a senior and will graduate in 2014.  
 
Travis read from a prepared statement. Travis said, “Thank you all for coming this afternoon.  I greatly appreciate your time and attention.
 
First, I would like to thank all of the people that have helped me to get to this point in my life. I owe a great thanks to my family, Mom, Dad, Jonah, Jalen, Olivia, Grace, my grandma and many others. I would also like to give a special thanks to Coach Thorson. I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for his help throughout this process. Also, I would like to thank my friends, teammates, coaches, teachers, faculty, and everyone in the DeLaSalle community for the constant support. We put in a lot of work together, and without all of you, I would not be in this position today.
 
This is a special day for me as I make a decision that will greatly impact the rest of my life.  I gave much thought, time, attention, and consideration on my college decision.  This was arguably the toughest decision I have had to make in my life.  
 
I visited some great universities and programs and had the opportunity to get to know a lot of great people. But in the end, I need a school that is a good fit for me.
 
This fit became present to me with my bond with the coaching staff and an instant connection with the team. I cherish the opportunities this university will provide me to receive a great education and to set myself up for success in the future, on and off the court.
 
Given those needs and desires I have for my future, I feel Stanford University is the best option I could choose to start this new chapter in my life.  
 
I would like to thank all of the coaches and administrators that spent time with me on the various campuses I visited.  All were very gracious hosts and friendly people. I chose Stanford because in addition to fitting my aforementioned wants and needs, they were one of the earliest schools to take interest in my future and have been following my progress since I was a sophomore. This is a well thought out decision that I am very excited and comfortable with making.
 
Again, I would again like to thank all of you for your support and thanks for coming.”
 
After he gave his prepared speech there was a time for questions and answers from the media. Travis spoke to the media about making his decision and what it was like going through the whole process.  

No comments: