Tuesday, July 24, 2012

H.S. Hoops Star Lofton Hopes To Keep Rising « CBS Minnesota

According to Mike Max of WCCO  Zach Lofton is a basketball talent – he just needs to get on track since leaving Columbia Heights High School in 2011.

He now has a plan, and he also has game.

“I need to do a little bit of everything,” he said. “I don’t think I do anything great, but I do some things OK.”

Lofton’s had a stop at a prep school in Iowa, and spent this summer in the Howard Pulley League here in the metro area.

He’s trying to jump start his career that was filled with so much potential. Next stop? A high profile junior college in Houston, Texas.

“I could have gone Division-I,” Lofton said. “There were a lot of opportunities, but I thought I’d be better going off to a junior college for a year, and see if I get some major offers.”
 
It would be a shame if Lofton didn’t take his talent somewhere. Talent like his doesn’t come around often.

“If I do well at the universities; if pro scouts come, they come,” he said. “If overseas scouts come, they come.”

Says coach Antwan Harris, “The sky is the limit for this kid. He’s a tremendous talent.

Check out the report below for more on Zach Lofton.


No comments: