Monday, July 30, 2012

TIME TO SAY THANK YOU AND A TIME TO SLOW DOWN TO REFLECT ON THE PAST SEASONS

As I write this so many different thoughts are running through my mind. I want to thank everyone for reading my blog. WAITE I am not giving up my passion for sports and I am NOT quitting blogging for ever.

I just thought that it was a good time for me to slow down and knock out a “thank you” article if you will.

See over the past few seasons I really don't have time to go out and thank my readers and the players that have taking time out of their schedules and lives to share their memories of sporting events that have changed their lives.

I have had people ask me why I keep my blog up and why I do this. The reason is simple. It is for the fans and the players.

I get the joy of watching players play sports and getting to be apart of the the sporting world. I have always watched sports my whole life. I was given a platform to express my thoughts and people have embraced it and had a lot of good things to say about what I have had to say about them or their teams. I know that I do have detractors and people that don't think that I know what I am talking about but to them I say “give me a chance and let me show you that I can be the difference and teach me how to get better.

I have met some wonderful players and parents of players. For every rude crude athletic director, tournament personal or some one that thinks that they know it all when they don't there are 20 more people that are accommodating.

I have seen some great games during my time as a member of the media. With out the support staff at tournaments and local colleges and university's I would not have the chance to get into these games and cover the events that I do.

I would also be re missed if I didn't thank all of my friends in the media. I appreciate all that you have done for me in giving me advise and tips in this complex media world.

I want to again say thank you to all of the players, coaches, Sports Information Directors and tournament personal for supporting me and my mission for giving me the chance to becoming the blogger that I have become. I would like to thank my editor for taking time out of his busy schedule to look over and proof all of my ramblings before I put them up on my site. I would like to thank all of my friends on and off the court for putting up with me when I am tired and driving all around at a frantic pace and put up with my attitudes when I get tired and cranky.

I also want to thank my parents Dennis and Sue and my Step Mom Kris for putting up with me and my sister Anna for all of the support and getting me ready for big games.

Thank you for reading this report. If I have missed anyone I am sorry.

If you have any information you want to know send me email me at  stevenmgr@hotmail.com

No comments: