Thursday, February 27, 2020

GET TO KNOW ISIAH DEAN SMITH

Isiah Dean Smith was born in Minneapolis, Minn. on June 13, 2002. He has one brother and he will graduate from Minneapolis Patrick Henry in June of 2020. Smith is of African American and Mexican heritage. 

He’s played basketball his whole life. Smith grew up on both the south & north side of Minneapolis. 

He said, “Basketball means a heart and a half to me, it’s kept me focused and opened so many doors for me. The only thing I love more is my family.”

He said his plans for this summer, “Is to work out to get stronger and develop my skill set so that I am able to transition into the next level of basketball which is college. I also plan to continue working my jobs to make money and have some fun.”

Smith, “Played basketball, football and baseball up until the 7th grade. After that, it has been strictly basketball.” 

I have seen Smith play in person. He can get off the ball and create his own shots. 

No comments: