Monday, December 2, 2013

GET TO KNOW TEVIN JEROME GRANT

Tevin Grant plays basketball for Prior Lake high school. I had a chance to get to know Grant during the summer when I watched him play basketball in the Minnetonka fall league.  Grant was born in Minneapolis, Minn. on Aug. 20, 1995 and grew up in Prior Lake. He will graduate in the spring of 2014. Grant is of African-American/White descent.

Grant has one sister, Whitney Elaine.

He wants to play basketball and run track when he gets older. Grant said, “Basketball means the world to me. I live to play the game. It is my favorite out of the three sports I play and it is the one I most want to pursue.”

This summer he said, “My plan is to prepare to leave for college and further improve my basketball skills, possibly with a part-time job on the side to help me earn money for college.”

He is an all-around athlete, as he plays football, basketball and track.

Grant said, “Family is one of the most important things to me. I am very close to my family and we have been though a lot together. I am the son of Eric Grant and Jackie Grant. My family and I live in Savage, Minn. I played football for the Prior Lake Lakers all though my high school career. I was a wide receiver, number 27. I also run track. In track I run 100s and 110 hurdles and I also do long jump, triple jump, and high jump. In basketball, my favorite sport and the one I am currently in now, I play shooting guard. I am a captain along with two of my best friends who have also been playing on the JV/Varsity squad since freshman year, Jon Sobaski and Jason Faul. I live a very busy life, between the demanding sports I play and keeping my grades up, there is not much time left for anything else. I currently have 3.3 GPA and scored a 26 on the ACT.”

He doesn’t get a lot of free time but he said that,” In my free time, which I don’t get a lot of,  I like to hang out with my friends. I am a big people person and love being around the people I play sports with. In my free time I like to play pick-up games of basketball with my friends. Like I said earlier I love the game. I also really enjoy relaxing and listening to music, when my body is needs a break and is too tired to do anything else.”

Grant is a good player and will be a good assist to the Prior Lake boys’ basketball game. He goes hard to the basket and has good court awareness. He is a leader on and off the court.  

No comments: